just stuff

just some rants and salutes to share

Thursday, July 14, 2005

How Sweet It Is

This year, from Jan-June, I had the privelede to be a foster parent to two young boys-then aged 3 mths and 18 mths. They came from a terrible home where they were never fed, beat, or left completely alone. They were very troubled boys with huge trust issues. Could you blame them? After the first month when they realized there was always food, and I would't hurt them, they started to open up and begin to trust me. What a rush to once again have the joy of being there for all the firsts. The baby rolling over, learning to stand, to take his first steps... and the other childs first words, and the joy he had in his eyes whenever he saw me. I was the one who took them for medical treatment(which they needed a lot of) played with, fed, and kept them safe. They were here for about five months when social services decided to let the parents have another chance. That lasted for exactly 8 days before they got pulled again. The boys were once again in danger. Since that time they have been floated to three different foster homes in three weeks. My poor boys. Yes I do and will always consider them to be mine. I know this is wrong and I have to let go but somehow I can't yet. The system is so forgiving to natural parents that they sometimes forget who the victums are. If the parents cared at all they never would have neglected them in the first place-let alone the second chance. So for now there are two little angels floating around lost. I can only hope someday soon they find a safe, loving place where they can feel as though they belong.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Love Mom said...

Glad you joined the interweb...as the guys says on that Saskatchewan show...oh, Corner Gas....I'll have to keep checking it out....glad you got to know those kids so well...sorry you feel a part of you missing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home